Academics at Mount Pleasant Academy
We provide a fully accredited academic program. Credits earned transfer to schools, colleges and universities throughout the U.S.
We Create Life-Long Learners
Mount Pleasant Academy strives to provide individualized academic programs for troubled boys in a constructive and nurturing environment.
Educational plans are tailored for each student to remediate academic weaknesses, improve study skills, and bring students up to or beyond grade level.
At Mount Pleasant Academy the learning process is enhanced through the use of Positive Peer Culture strategies. Through a positive peer culture approach our students develop the foundation and motivation necessary to progress academically and achieve lifelong success. We create “life-long learners”.
We offer the following academic services:
- Accreditation through the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges
- Utah state-certified administration and teachers
- Utah state-certified special education teachers, 1-8 teacher-student ratio
- Educational and vocational testing including: the Woodcock Johnson III (battery A and/or B),
- Cognitive ability and achievement tests, career interest surveys, school/education surveys and choices programs
- Student Education Plans (SEP) and Individualized Education Plans (IEP)
- Six week progress reports and term report cards
- Direct classroom instruction, tutorial instruction, self paced independent study, and colligate academics
- Year-round school, five days a week
- Classes offered in English, Math, Science, Physical Education, Social Sciences, Vocational Education, Fine Arts and Electives
- General Education Development (GED) preparation and testing available
- SAT and ACT preparation and testing
- Academic summary and official transcripts denoting credits earned
- Professional collaboration for academic transition with high schools and colleges nationwide
- High School Diplomas, College application counseling, and letters of recommendation
For Help, Call Today: (855) 601-8914Contact us today for a confidential evaluation with an Admissions Coordinator: (855) 601-8914.Contact Us
The most important thing to us was to get help for our son, it didn’t occur to us that academics would be an issue while he was away. We were so happy with his success in treatment, his grades shot up like a rocket! They more than followed through on their promise to not let him fall behind.Dana R. - Reno, NV